The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm heeeere!

HI!!! Sorry for the overdue announcement, and thanks to the fam for making the updates on my behalf. The internet cafe is up and running today although super slow, so I'll keep this short. I'm happy and healthy and learning lots of new stuff about Ugandan culture, history, language, etc everyday. I have no illusions that this will most likely be the hardest experience of my life, but is also an amazing learning experience that could never be taught in the classroom.
You'll be proud to hear that I'm functioning without electricity and have killed more huge bugs (white ants= bird-like termites) in the last 3 years than all the bugs I've killed in my life combined (its my biggest issue at the moment). To be continued about the white ants...
Uganda is beautiful and the people are welcoming although its not an easy lifestyle. I apologize for not answering emails but will once I get a modem when I move to my site in the North (Gulu/Kitgum regions near S. Sudan). Feel free to get my cell # from my friends/fam and call me (I'm 7 hrs ahead). I miss everyone a ton and think about you all often! I hope to post pics soon. Keep in touch!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment