The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My newest hobby: Birdwatching

Yep, you read that title correctly... I've been watching birds... and lots of them. Perhaps this is what having absolutely nothing to do for 3 weeks will do to a person. And the weirdest thing is... I think the birds are pretty cool. There are lots of varieties to see (much like in Uganda) and the spazzy little weirdos are starting to grow on me.
Okay, okay. These are stuffed birds on display...


Cousin to Uganda's White Crested Crane perhaps?
I think these are Blue Cranes- SA's national bird.

These two pal around the neighborhood together all the time.
Talk about a 5th wheel!

2 comments:

  1. You are taking some great pics Erin. Keep em coming. It is so wonderful to follow along in your adventure. Hope your arm is doing better. Much love and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just broke out into hives...I HATE BIRDS!!! glad to know you're on the mend....love you

    ReplyDelete