Oh, what I
would give for Sunday brunch at Firestones, or anywhere that serves mimosas and
eggs benedict (perhaps over a crab cake!?!?!).
I daydream of food often (maybe a little too often). I keep thinking about delicious meals I’ve
had, and even pause tv shows or movies to see what the characters are eating…
or what kind of beer they’re drinking. It’s getting outta control, I know. I thought my food cravings would subside with
time, but after over 7 months in, they’re still going strong.
I keep
hoping that one night I’ll dream vividly about a wild smorgasbord of glorious
treats… but no… what do I dream of in excruciatingly realistic detail? Bugs.
Snakes. And lizards. Yep.
Last night I
dreamt of scorpions in my bed. Again. I woke up and even thought I saw one on
my mosquito net. The imaginary scorpion stayed there long enough for me to
reach under my mosquito net to grab my head lamp… but alas, it was gone when I flicked
it on. This mefloquine stuff is no joke. Luckily I only have crazy vivid dreams
on the night I’ve taken my malaria medicine, which is just once a week. Maybe
tonight I’ll dream of frozen yogurt, fresh fruit, cheesecake, milkshakes, cold
salads, cheese plates, filet mignon, five guys and ice cold draft beer…
Gosh America
is awesome. Uganda is awesome too… just not in the food department.
I'm taking notes....fresh fruit, milkshakes, salads, cheese plates, and ice cold beer. Not much I can do about five guys, or even filet, but we've got the rest covered - and then some!
ReplyDeleteHang on Erin! We're coming to CZ & will treat you to lots of really good meals, but we're going to hug you so much you may have trouble getting a fork to your mouth! We've got arrangements to sending you food to your site when your CZ vuisit is over
ReplyDelete