The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Update

On Saturday, I saw a man digging in his garden wearing a santa hat. Gotta love it!
On Sunday, I went to church and had tea with the Priest afterward. Hung around the house and read some Harry Potter (I know I'm a few years behind the HP craze). Then Denis and I went to visit a family out in the village. We were bokalok (sharing stories) under some trees and the head of the household was asking me about the weather in the US. I was telling him that winter would be coming to an end, but that it's still much colder there than it is here. He started asking me about how the wild animals live in the cold conditions. Then, he asked me if we had dinosaurs in the US. I politely responded that we did not, and he asked if we had bears. Yup, sure do.
Today, Denis and I rode our bikes out to visit the pigs. Then we went to the market and bought a huge new saucepan for the caretaker (the old one got a hole in it over the weekend). We also collected some cabbage leaves and potato peels for the opegos (pigs). Denis' brother is going out to the piggery to repair a fallen gutter and we'll also spray the pigs for bugs this week.
I think we also found someone that will help us update our website, which is really out of date. Denis and I are working on writing a business plan together later this afternoon as well.
I'm counting down the days to our 'In Service Training' conference in Masaka, and then to VACATION in Czech Republic!!! Wooohooo!!! Can't wait to see the fam!!!

Oink!

1 comment:

  1. What will you say if your dinosaur inquiry friend asks about Vampires in America?

    ReplyDelete