The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weekend in the City

This past weekend, I traveled to the capital, Kampala, for a meeting, but also for some much-needed R&R outside of the village. It was a great time, full of pedicures, margaritas, movies and friends. Getting there and back is always a pretty awful adventure, but totally worth it to see my friends and do fun stuff. I didn't take many pictures, but here's the result of the few times I whipped out my camera...

Crossing the Victoria Nile at Karuma Falls, the unofficial division that separates 'the north' from the rest of the country
Yep, not in the north anymore. Look at all that good fruit!



My friend Khayla getting her very first pedicure. I got one too. Yay for Kampala!
Painted sign at a primary school. You're supposed to fill in the letters to finish the word. All the other words were in english, so I'm assuming this one is supposed to be too. There were other pictures of books, cows, etc. Any guesses as to what this should be k _ _ e?
Eating the first Mexican food I've had in Uganda. And it was good. And they had margaritas. With ice.
 We were celebrating my friend Susy's bday (she's in the middle).

1 comment: