The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

HOA

Last night I hosted what was effectively a 'home owners association' meeting on my porch. My landlord approached me 30 minutes before the meeting to ask if all the tenants in the compound could gather in my yard to discuss 'current issues plaguing the compound.'

During the meeting we discussed the cleanliness of the compound, the construction of the new latrines (really hope they're finished soon!!!) and the issue of dividing the power bill.

Somehow, over the course of the hour and a half long meeting, I agreed to host a compound party in my yard sometime next week. I wonder what the protocol for hosting a gathering is.... no chips and dip to be found here!

2 comments: