We had a great time in Cairo and Alexandria and made it to Ethiopia right before the coup. Some of our new friends in Egypt were urging us to stay until June 30, when the 'second revolution' was planned, but we decided that it would be best to watch the events unfold from the safety of another country.
Tensions were running high when we were there and we (accidentally) got to witness a few demonstrations taking place. There was still plenty of evidence to be seen from the first Egyptian revolution and it was really interesting to talk to people about how things have changed over the last 5 years.
I wish that we had more time to explore, but we had a fantastic time visiting the pyramids at Giza, watching Sufi dancers perform in Cairo, seeing the amphitheater, Citadel and library in Alexandria and eating delicious food everywhere we went. I think that I could live on falafel and shawarma.
Here are just a few highlights....


Tensions were running high when we were there and we (accidentally) got to witness a few demonstrations taking place. There was still plenty of evidence to be seen from the first Egyptian revolution and it was really interesting to talk to people about how things have changed over the last 5 years.
I wish that we had more time to explore, but we had a fantastic time visiting the pyramids at Giza, watching Sufi dancers perform in Cairo, seeing the amphitheater, Citadel and library in Alexandria and eating delicious food everywhere we went. I think that I could live on falafel and shawarma.
Here are just a few highlights....
| The Citadel in Alexandria |
| The ladies |
| Aubrey and me at a mosque in Cairo |
.jpg)
Amazing photos! What an adventure! Beyond the one you have everyday.
ReplyDeleteLove the jumping over the pyrimids & kissing the sphinx shots. Cute!
ReplyDelete