The going-away party was so much fun! The group that came out (in the rain, no less) was super sweet and I think we all had a great time. We danced until after 1. There were lots of speeches, dinner and drinks, a cake cutting, the presentation of my certificates and lots of 'sharing.' They also did a fundraiser for my departure, which consists of someone putting o a song and everyone dancing up the isle with their offering. I got about a gallon of odee (sesame and peanut butter mixed... aka sim sim and gnut paste), a calabash bowl and cup, a kitenge, a certificate and some money! Seems wrong to be taking money from the community (although it's a party tradition), so I'm donating it to the org's pig food fund. (An unexpected going away surprise- my favorite pig, Petunia, just had 4 piglets!!! I want to bring her and her babies home...she's like a dog)
Anyway, we had another nice family style dinner tonight at Janet and Denis' house and I'll have breakfast with the priest in the morning, and then I'm off to Kitgum with all my stuff! I can't believe the day has come! The hardest part will be leaving Pajule, from there, I can relax in Kampala for a few days to prepare my brain for AMERICA!!!
Get ready, 'murica.... I'm coming for you!
 |
| Herichen looking so smart |
 |
| The ladies (Pauline, Janet and Mercy) |
 |
| Baby Erin and Fr. Leonsyo |
 |
| Janet's mom Esther, Janet, Baby Erin and Rose |
So, so proud of you & what you've accomplished! This last picture is a jewel and will be my screen saver. Love you!!!!!!
ReplyDelete