The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Better!

I met with the surgeon yesterday and the bones are healing in all the right places. I confirmed with the PC doctor today that I can finish physical therapy this week and next and then I'll be headed back to Uganda on Nov. 25! If I need physical therapy after I'm back in Uganda (although the surgeon thinks I could do it on my own), I think I found someone at Gulu Hospital that I may be able to use (only about 2 hrs from my site). So, hopefully this means that 1) I get to go back to Uganda to start working and 2) that my arm will be back to normal in no time!!! :) Isn't it great when things work out!?!


Before
After

3 comments:

  1. That's great news for you, but we'll still miss not having you home for the holidays to recover. Hopefully, you won't need anymore PT once you get back to your site in Uganda. Make the most of this last week, PT & otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, Erin !!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a continued, speedy recovery. Amazing how our bodies work to heal.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH. Those screws are not messing around! I'm kinda worried they will poke out the other side. Jeeeeeeez.
    You are brave, my dear.

    ReplyDelete