The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Best. Day. Ever.

I finally made it to the post office (after it reopened after 2 months of being closed) and it was like CHRISTMAS!!!!! I don't think I've been that excited to get home and open the letters and packages since I was a kid on Christmas morning. The combination of my mail and my org's mail warranted the postman giving me a huge rice/grain/santa sack to take my post home. So fun.

I already have a belly ache from the candy I couldn't resist from indulging in immediately. There were literal tears of happiness as I opened my packages and letters. Seems ridiculous, but I'm just so darn appreciative of my awesome, thoughtful friends and family! You guys are too great!!!! And the sweets, soaps, gossip mags, yoga dvd and homemade beer (yep- I have awesome friends) make life in Pajule a million times better.

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much Mom, Dad, Debby, Mary T., Ryan and Cara, Nick and Heather, Kim, Janet, Ed and Mary K. You guys are FANTASTIC!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. :( does that mean my package didnt get there since my name wasnt mentioned in the thank yous?

    Celso

    ReplyDelete