This is day
5 with no power. Made it to Pader to charge my stuff…. Hope the power company
comes to Pajule soon. I’ve read 2 books,
cleaned my house, done my laundry, made English muffins, makeshift fajitas,
some sort of pea/bean concoction, boiled/filtered lots of water, visited the
pigs… even went for a walk/jog.
But
something amazing happened this weekend… it rained. After months with no rain,
it was quite a surprise. I’ve noticed the occasional clouds over the last week
or so, but the other day was actually overcast. It was a welcome relief and I
hope this means that rainy season will come early. It’s cooled off a bit and is
tolerable sleeping with no fan, although not ideal. I’m counting down the days to visit my fam in
chilly Prague!!!
I didn’t
make it to Gulu this weekend after all because my friend with the bike got sick
and had to go to Kampala to see the doctor. Hopefully I’ll go later this week
or next weekend. I need to see the physical therapist soon (I skipped a week),
and I’m excited to buy her bike. Then I can cook for the pigs and bike it out
there. They’re too skinny. And I need the exercise. Constant carbs are not
doing much for me. And as I reaffirmed over the weekend, I’m just not a runner.
No comments:
Post a Comment