So, it happened...I turned
thirty. Despite being unwed, childless, and living off of a little over $200 a
month, I’m happy. This isn’t exactly where I envisioned my life at 30 (a pig
farmer in Uganda?!?), but I’m happy to be doing what I am, gaining new experiences
and perspectives, and am so grateful for the awesome support network I have. I’m
super lucky to have the friends and family I do; I can’t say it enough. I’m
looking forward to the next ten years to be packed full of goodness. Hopefully
there’ll be paying jobs, home ownership, a husband and babies in my future. Oh, and I'm sure I'll gain lots of wisdom too. :)
I closed out
my twenties with an awesome trip to Prague (thanks to my superstar Diplomat
Seastar)! Spending time with the family was the real highlight, but the beauty
of the city didn’t hurt either… the architecture, restaurants, great beer at
every corner, cheap prices, and manageability of getting around were great!
Having my sis to show us the ‘ins and outs’ was really helpful too. And the
all-star massage. And the fine dining. And all the cold Pilsner Urqell. And,
well, everything about the trip. It was definitely a trip I won’t forget.
An added
perk to the most amazing vacation ever, was all the ‘stuff’ I brought back to
Pajule with me. It’s absurd. I think I brought more this trip than during my
‘move in’ to the house. I’m eating like
a… well, like an American. Maybe better. I also made it to the post office
today and picked up three great packages. Tonight I think I’ll paint my nails
while eating goldfish crackers and chip ahoy cookies while reading gossip
magazines. A great Friday night supplied by some fantastic care packages
(thanks again to my awesome friends).
I don’t know
if it was the vacation, the cooler weather here, or the greener landscape, but
I’m excited to get back to work in Pajule. It’s nice to see my village pals
again… and all the amusing entertainment that only an African village can
provide. I’m even happy to hear all the kids waving and screaming ‘Aber’
whenever I walk to town. I’m glad they haven’t forgotten my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment