I'm sitting at the office, charging my computer using the only socket in Pajule that has power (three cheers for solar!), taking a break from writing a grant proposal while 5 little boys (between the ages of 2 and 6) peep over my shoulder and pet my ponytail. Another gaggle of shy ones peer in from the door. What a different working environment this is.... love it and it makes me laugh everyday.
Had beans and posho for lunch with my office neighbor and was gifted a 'new type of orange' today (a.k.a. a tangerine). I found mini bananas in the market, which has never happened and arranged to procure a live chicken from the village (apparently the village chickens are the best) as a Christmas gift to my counterpart and his wife. A good day all in all. As soon as my computer's charged, I'm headed home to cook dinner before retiring under my mosquito net to watch a movie on the remaining charge of the computer.
Only eight days until the white sandy beaches of Zanzibar will be between my toes. Hope Tanzania's kiddos are as cute as Pajule's!
No comments:
Post a Comment