The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Under the Big Sky

There's not much new to report from Pajule. I'm happy to be back, sleeping in my own bed, readjusting to the quiet, slow pace that is village life... happy that I don't have to pack a bag for a few more weeks. It's nice to see my old pals too.... walking through town, I get the 'Abersi, welcome back! We have been missing you,' more times than I can count. I'll miss this place one day.

Today I did some laundry, finished a book and started a new one, weeded a very small square of garden, bleached my jerrycans,  met with coworkers and did some work, sat on the porch and chatted with a few different groups of people, took biscuits (cookies) over to Janet and her son Herichen as a welcome back from school gift, had morning and afternoon tea, cooked dinner, washed dishes, washed myself... and now I'm in bed, under my mosquito net... enjoying my fan and electricity after three days without, along with a glass of very mediocre red wine from a box that I brought back from Kampala. And best of all, it's raining. Dry season hasn't won yet.

Tomorrow I plan on doing some more laundry (it's quite a chore without machines or running water), going into the office and attending a graduation ceremony for the Technical School boys. I've been requested to attend, along with my camera.  All is quiet and happy in Pajule; hope all is well stateside and beyond!


Stowaway in my collards

My unidentified trees are blooming

Sunset over the huts and rooftops
Full moon in a big sky




1 comment:

  1. An observation - Our Erin & Pajules' "Abersi" is sincerely missed in at least 3 'collections of families'(Uganda, USA & Prague). Pajule can have 'Abersi' for now, but she's still our Erin and our vicarious humble heroine for her ability to bring joy & good things into the hearts of everyone who knows her. We all miss her when she's absent!

    ReplyDelete