The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!

Someone wonderful sent me a box of fully cooked Oscar Mayer bacon. I've been saving it for a special occasion, but decided that every day should be special- carpe diem and all that. Plus, I needed an incentive/extra protein for the 4+ hours I spent doing laundry this morning. Bed linens, towels and a mountain of dirty clothes done. Swollen and raw knuckles to prove it. I need to find a new 'helper' asap (mine moved to another town awhile back, thus the mountain of neglected laundry).

Anyway, on the menu today...

  • eggs and bacon for bfast
  • blt for lunch (substitute collard greens for lettuce)
  • kale/collard salad with hard boiled egg and bacon bits for dinner
I think I need to eat the entire package of bacon between today and tomorrow since the package has been opened. It would be a crime to let it spoil. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be hard to accomplish : /



No comments:

Post a Comment