The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Garden (before pics)

Five hours, a farmer's tan and a lot of dirt later, my last garden is finally in. I planted collards, kale, watermelon, cucumber, 4 types of tomato, 4 types of lettuce (including Janet's 'salad bombs!'), turnips, 2 types of squash, radishes, carrots, beets, cilantro, basil and dill. Special thanks to Mary T. for the seeds- the gift that keeps on giving! The gardens may not look like much, but I only had a homemade hoe and a stick to work with....

I'm hoping that these 'before' pictures will be significantly different than the 'after' pictures. I've never had a green thumb, but I'm hoping that Uganda will make a gardener out of me yet.
Garden 1

Garden 2

No comments:

Post a Comment