The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pinterest is Evil

For those of you not familiar with 'Pinterest,' it's a huge time-suck but is basically a series of pictures that people post that they think are interesting. You can click on the picture and it takes you to the original link... so, if you're in the 'food' category, you can find something that looks good and link back to the recipe, or in 'fashion,' find a dress and link to the website where it's sold. This isn't a new website, but my internet just got fast enough for me to see the pictures.

So, for the last hour, I've been looking at pictures of food... red velvet oreo truffle brownie bars, poached pears in wine, smores hot chocolate, enchilada lasagna, prosciutto wrapped figs, lamb gyros.... the list goes on. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in the dark in the village pondering what I can make for dinner. My first trip to the grocery store in America is going to be expensive.

If you have time to waste- www.pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment