My counterpart's wife, Janet, had her baby! And it's a girl! She was born last night and mother and baby are back at home today after less than 24 hours at the health center. When I asked her how long she was in labor, she replied '20 minutes.' Unfortunately, I wasn't around for the birth, since I'm still in Jinja doing some work with UAPO. Denis, her husband, also isn't at home because he's sitting for exams in Kitgum. Luckily Janet has her mother and other friends around and I plan to be back in Pajule at the end of the week to see the new addition to her family.
When Janet called me to tell me the news, she told me that 'baby Erin has arrived!' I asked her if she was really going to name her Erin, and she said yes. I wonder what Denis has to say about it. No one in the village can pronounce the name... it's always Helen or Ellen or Irene or Erinie. It would be an honor to have a namesake, but I'd feel a little sorry for the kid. Regardless, it's a blessing to have a healthy addition to the Pajule family!
 |
| Janet at 9 months |
Yay!! Please tell them congrats from me! I hope you saved off some of those girl clothes for baby Erin :)
ReplyDelete