The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jinja!

This week I got to spend time in Jinja working with UAPO (The Ugandan American Partnership Organization) at their main office.

I help out UAPO in Pajule, working with a women's group about 12 km from the town center. They weave grass mats that are later turned into handbags and sold internationally. The women in Jinja make paper beads necklaces and I got to take part in the monthly bead collection and paper sale. It was a lot of fun to meet the ladies and to see a different aspect of UAPO. Being in Jinja, the source of the Nile and a beautiful touristy town, wasn't so bad either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment