I also tried to turn my disastrous english muffins (my water was too hot and I killed the yeast, leaving me with dense, tasteless hockey pucks) into croutons. It didn’t work… at all. My wedge salad was croutonless. But, I came up with some new ideas for anyone that wants to mail me a special treat--- parmesan cheese and fully cooked bacon pieces. That would have gone a long way with my pseudo Italian feast. Well, anything that’s not a carb would go a long way here. I think I’m turning into a potato.
The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Wedge Salad and Spaghetti Bolognese
Well, sort of. Last night for dinner, I was determined to make something yummy. My ‘wedge salad’ fell a bit short but my spaghetti was delish. Wedge salad = raw cabbage and tomato with vinegar dressing and toasted sesame seeds. Spaghetti bolognese = spaghetti noodles topped with sauce made from tomatoes, green peppers, onions, garlic, oregano and the secret ingredient, powdered coffee creamer (thanks to mom’s care package). I know, sounds gross, but you do funny things when you’re faced with the same limited ingredients day after day. Dad- the Monday night spaghetti dinner tradition is alive and well in northern Uganda!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment