The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Digs

I currently have two homes in Pajule. Feel free to visit... you can stay at my vacation home that will soon become my permanent residence.

The yard...
A bit bushy at the moment, but I'll get it under control



The quail grass spinach is flowering
So are the collards

Basil 

KALE!
tomatoes
ginger
lemongrass
climbing passion fruit
The marigolds are crazy huge 
I know I've posted lots of pics of Sabrina and James' old house, but soon I'll be moving in and it'll be all mine! I'm going to wait until after Peace Camp to move, when I have time to properly clean and pack... so I'll upload some post-move-in photos once I'm settled in a few weeks.

I've also decided to wait until I get back to uproot part of the garden. I almost started today, but was getting scratched and pricked by all the thorny weeds and whatnot that I want to look for some gloves in town first. Any guesses as to the likelihood of finding gardening gloves in Pajule? Ha. Plus, the garden is already so crazy, what's a few more weeks?! Hopefully the tomatoes will be in by then. I'll keep the tomato plants, basil, lemongrass, ginger, marigolds and any kale that hasn't gone to seed. I need to pull out the squash, cucumber and watermelon vine that didn't make it (I think it drowned with the crazy rains... part of the yard floods pretty badly). Time to start planning next season's garden!

You are most welcome to visit!

My new one-room house! It's just behind my current house and has a sweet veranda, as you can see here.




The outdoor shower area...
The bedroom is separated from the living room/kitchen by the blue curtains

I'll finally have real furniture to sit on (no more plastic chairs!)
The kitchen area minus my cookstove

Small trees and a wood pile


No comments:

Post a Comment