1. Ebola in Uganda. Luckily, it seems contained in the west (except for one case in Kampala), and I won't be traveling to the west anytime soon. I'll wash my hands more often just in case. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/ebola-kills-14-in-uganda-as-health-workers-attempt-to-head-off-epidemic/2012/08/01/gJQAQB4xOX_blog.html
2. Al Shabab threats. The terrorist group was supposedly targeting a few restaurants in Gulu (coincidentally one that has the best pork in the north). No activity has taken place to date. Will let you know if that changes. http://www.ugandapicks.com/2012/07/al-shabab-targets-gulu-town-as-police-raid-buganda-pub-58590.html
3. Typhoid. My friend Janet has a case of typhoid. She thinks she picked it up from the borehole at school in Lira, but isn't sure. She's getting treatment and is feeling better. Luckily, I've been vaccinated against typhoid and boil and filter my water.
Just wanted to update those that keep up with the Ugandan news that all is a-ok in the north. I'm being extra vigilant- staying away from crowded events, pork joints in Gulu, red-eyed monkies and snotty kids. :)
Gee, ... staying away from snotty kids, red eyed monkeys, Gulu pork joints, & over crowded gatherings? What's left for fun? :)
ReplyDelete