- I'm not sure, but I think I found the big dipper. Is it possible that it's upside-down?
- The other night I got locked in a shower. After a good 10 mins of fruitless efforts to escape, I had to yell for help. A fellow PCT kicked the door in and I was free. Slightly embarrassing. A different fellow PCT got trapped in a pit latrine a few weeks ago and had to scale the wall to the neighboring latrine to escape. I’ll have to be extra careful around latrines. I don’t have the upper body strength to get outta that alone… and I don’t know if I have the mental strength to get locked in one either. Ick.
- At the beginning of training, I was sitting on some steps outside of a dukah (small store), having a soda and chatting with some local kiddos. They were touching my hair, hands and feet periodically and I thought nothing of it. It happens... I’m a freak show. They want to see if my freckles will rub off. Anyway, I thought nothing of it until I noticed that a little girl, about 3 or 4 years old, had leaned down and licked my toenail. My toes were painted pink and were still relatively shiny. I’m assuming she thought it’d taste like candy. I guess she won’t go licking any more muzungu toenails.
- In just over a week, I'll be moving to my new house. Real world Uganda here I come!
The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Tidbits
Some random events and useless info..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, you're seeing the Big Dipper upside down because it's pouring out all the love & hope your fam & buds have filled it with for your happiness & success! :)
ReplyDeleteIt isn't the elevator at 1212 Delaware :)
ReplyDelete