The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Shouldn't have killed those spiders!

When I got back from vacation, I wasn't surprised to find quite a few 'squatters' had taken up residence in my absence. With help from my friend Brenda, we swept the floors, walls and ceiling to clear the small frogs, lizards, insects and spiders. Now, there are usually at least a handful of spiders that live on the ceiling. I let them stay because I assume they reduce the number of other insects in my midst. Same goes for the small lizards.

After our thorough cleaning upon return, the population of mosquitoes has increased exponentially. I'm on a full out assault, burning mosquito coils, spraying and smacking every buzz in earshot. Before bed last night, I killed 5 that had somehow managed to get under my mosquito net! This morning I must have killed 10 more!
Despite my best efforts, I'm still covered in bites. Let's hope that the Mefloquine is doing it's job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment