The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tractor

It's FINALLY here! Peace Together Uganda is now the proud owner of a brand new Massey Ferguson tractor and disc plow. Thanks to funding we received through a grant funded by PEPFAR (President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief), we'll begin an agriculture program, forming 21 farmer's groups and renting the tractor to the community. The proceeds from the tilling program will benefit the education scholarships that enable 20 local orphans to attend primary and secondary school. I'm hoping that I'll see the expansion of the education program before I leave later this year. So excited to finally have a sustainable, income-generating asset!!! Yee-haw!







1 comment: