The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Vacation- Part 2

After a great time in Paje, we headed to Stonetown. The main hub of the island, Stonetown has elements of Arab, Persian, Asian and European influence. The architecture, food and people were fantastic. I'd definitely recommend Zanzibar to anyone traveling East Africa. 


Beautiful doors everywhere. 


At the spa!!

Amazing seafood
At 'The Rock' restaurant with Aubrey
Kids playing at the Stonetown wharf



Heather, Liz, Aubrey and I before hitting the town

cloves on the spice tour














So much good, cheap seafood!



spices

After a nice trip to Stonetown and a spice tour, we headed to Kendwa beach for the new year's celebration. The beach was great, but not as nice as Paje. It was definitely more touristy and had more of a party atmosphere, which was nice for new  year's... but I liked Paje better overall.


Frank the pup having some water and escaping the heat

The gang in Kendwa 


No comments:

Post a Comment