The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

This week in the pearl...

Not much new around here... Rainy season is in full effect, which means sunny, hot days and super stormy nights. It's nice and cool in the evenings and mornings, which is a nice change. The mosquitoes and flies are relentless though. The gardening is off to a good start... have some kale, collards, lettuce, tomatoes and basil sprouting already. I'll post some pics next week.

Tomorrow I'll head to Kitgum to run some work errands and also for a social visit. There's a new Indian restaurant there which is a big deal. It should be a good time.


If you're on facebook, check out and 'like' PTU's new page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1148426602#!/PeaceTogetherUganda

And don't forget that you can donate at the org's website: www.peacetogether.org (my continued apologies that the website isn't quite up to date... we're working on it).


This is what happens every time I'm in the office by myself. Kids come in and stare at me while I work.  It's cute, but makes getting work done more difficult.  They never get bored of staring.
Denis and Father Leonsyo

I went to a nursery school 1-year anniversary party where some of the 257 attendees performed



















During the party, I was asked to stand up and introduce myself. I had to sit in the front with the local leaders and school officials. The County Chairman thanked the white person for attending. Awkward.

I still love baby goats



Can you see the rainbow?

No comments:

Post a Comment