The purpose of this blog is to stay connected with my friends and family while I transition from Delaware to Maryland to Uganda and beyond. I'd like to use this forum to share my experiences and record my adventures while serving as an Economic Development Volunteer in the Peace Corps.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Updated address

Seeing as how my local post office seems to be a bit unreliable these days, I've decided to use a post office box in the biggest town in the north. The Gulu post office is much more dependable, will definitely stay open year-round, and although it's about a 2-hour trip for me, I have friends that live in town who can pick  up my mail for me in a timely manner. Therefore, my new address will be:

P.O. Box 914
Gulu, Uganda

I've updated my 'mail love' tab with the new address and updated request list. I'll still be able to pick up mail at the old Pader office for a while, so no worries if you've sent mail there. Quinto, the Pader post man, gives me a ring when packages come in and meets me at the post office when I can get to town. He hasn't been paid since January, so that's one reason the post office hasn't been open full time- thus the change in address. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope this change up won't deter you from mailing! I LOVE MAIL!!!

1 comment:

  1. I will test out your new address today (May 30). Let's see how long it takes to arrive from Prague > U.S. > Gulu. Your package will be very well traveled.

    ReplyDelete